GILENYA is indicated as single disease modifying therapy in highly active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis for the following adult patient groups and paediatric patients aged 10 years and older*3:
Patients with highly active disease despite a full and adequate course of treatment with at least 1 disease modifying therapy
Patients with rapidly evolving severe relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis defined by:
- 2 or more disabling relapses in one year
- with 1 or more Gd+ lesions on brain MRI or a significant increase in T2 lesion load as compared to a previous recent MRI
*The safety and efficacy of GILENYA in children aged below 10 years have not been established. No data are available.
There are very limited data available in children between 10 and 12 years old.
Resources to help you with your GILENYA patients
Resources for HCPs
Resources for patients
Risk management resources
What does a typical GILENYA patient look like?
Meet the patients who are typical candidates for GILENYA.
Patient education as an MS management tool
Watch the video from the Get Smart 4 series.
Patient profiles are fictional. For illustrative purposes only.
ARR, annualised relapse rate; EDSS, expanded disability status scale; Gd+, gadolinium-enhancing; MRI, magnetic resonance imaging.
- Ziemssen T et al. Poster P6.393 presented at the 70th AAN Meeting, 21–27 April 2018, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Ziemssen T et al. Poster P5.365 presented at the 70th AAN Meeting, 21–27 April 2018, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- GILENYA (fingolimod) Summary of Product Characteristics.